Consultation on the Admission Arrangements for Portswood Primary School with Effect from September 2022
We are required to consult on our admission arrangements when there are significant changes and/or at least every seven years. We believe it is important for all current and prospective parents and carers to understand how our school manages the admission process.
The consultation process should take place for at least 6 weeks between 1 October 2020 and 31 January 2021. At the end of the consultations, decisions are made, and the arrangements are considered “determined”. The admission arrangements must be determined by the 28 February 2021 and published on the 15 March 2021.
Consultation Period: 2 November 2020 – 11 January 2021
ADMISISONS CONSULTATION FOR 2022/23:
- The Local Governing Body of Portswood Primary School propose that the 2022/23 admission policy will be implemented for Year R in September 2022 and ‘in-year’ admissions for 2022/23.
- The draft policy for consultation can be viewed on the school website or a copy is available, on request, from the school
This consultation is for the attention of:
- Parents of children between the ages of two and eleven years old at the school currently and in the surrounding area
- Other persons in the relevant area who in the opinion of the admission authority have an interest in the proposed admissions
- All other admission authorities within the relevant area
- Whichever of the governing body and the local authority who are not the admission authority
- Any adjoining neighbouring local authorities where the admission authority is the local authority
You are invited to submit comments in writing about the proposal to the school Business Manager, Nicola Newnham via email firstname.lastname@example.org or post them to Nicola Newnham at Portswood Primary School, Somerset Road, Southampton, Hampshire, SO17 3AA.
This consultation will end at 5pm on Monday 11 January 2021. Please send any comments regarding these proposed changes before that time.
Following the consultation period, the Local Governing Body will consider any comments received and how to proceed. Admissions arrangements for September 2022 will be determined by 28th February 2021 and published on the Local Authority website and the school website by 15th March 2021. Any subsequent objections after publication should be made to the Office of the Schools Adjudicator by 15th May 2021.