At Portswood Primary we like our children to wear school uniform. From 23 October 2019, school uniforms can be purchased from Skoolkit at their Eastleigh branch or online at www.skoolkit.co.uk.
Our school uniform is navy blue, grey and white as follows:
- White shirts, t-shirts and blouses
- Navy blue or grey trousers or shorts
- Navy blue or grey skirts and pinafore dresses
- Navy blue tunics
- Blue and white candy stripe or check summer dresses
- Navy blue sweatshirts/cardigans (with school logo)
- Navy blue or white socks/tights
- Black or brown shoes
Children who are eligible for pupil premium funding are provided with 1 free sweatshirt/cardigan per year. Please speak to the school office.
- Navy blue or white t-shirt
- Navy blue shorts (tracksuits for colder weather)
We ask parents not to send their children to school wearing:-
- Unsuitable shoes or trainers
- Clothes with slogans of pictures of pop stars etc printed on them
- Sportswear eg football or cycle shorts, shell suits or track suits
- Make-up, nail varnish or excessive amounts of hair gel
- Extreme haircuts or colour
Dressing for PE
During PE it is important for reasons of hygiene and safety that pupils have a change of clothing. Pupils are required to bring trainers, a navy or white T-shirt and a pair of navy blue shorts, skirt or leotard to school in a drawstring bag.
- Children may also wear tracksuits for outdoor games in cold weather
- For swimming each child will need a towel and a costume.
- We ask parents to name all items of clothing so that we can return lost property easily.
Children may wear watches but we do not believe that jewellery is suitable for school (particularly dangling earrings and necklaces).
Children with pierced ears may wear plain gold studs, but not sleepers or pendant earrings. County Inspectors also advise that all jewellery should be removed for PE. It would therefore be very helpful if pupils who wear stud earrings do not wear them on days when they have PE. If your child wears jewellery for religious reasons please let the Principal know in writing. However, all jewellery will need to be removed, taped over with micropore or covered with a sweatband during PE.
School staff accept no responsibility for the safe keeping of watches or jewellery.